Berreta Trap Gun

wirenut

Due to some bad advice, I purchased a Berreta AL391 Urika Trap gun. The problem is I really want to shoot skeet & sporting clays. I spoke to Berreta and the Tech guy told me the barrel is not a problem but I will need a sporting stock. Problem is Berreta does not have any yet. Does any one out there know a custom stock maker? Does anyone shoot a trap gun in sporting or skeet?
I love the shotgun but I hate the fact that I can only use it for trap. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

wirenut

If you have not already done so, you might want to pattern this gun first to see if any stock adjustment is needed at all. Typically, trap guns are designed to shoot a bit high, due to the nature of the rising targets inherent to the game. This is typically achieved by a high, straight comb on the stock.

I personally prefer a straighter comb for sporting clays, and your trap gun may not be too far off. I suggest that you try it out at a 16 yard pattern board to determine exactly where the gun shoots. If it is a little high and you cannot find the spacers to drop it down far enough, it is a minor undertaking to take a belt sander and carefully remove some of the comb to drop your pattern down.

I do shoot a Beretta AL390 trap for sporting clays, and did have to drop the stock down to get the pattern to 50/50.

Good luck,

Bud

Back