Bergmann MARS .25 (gun of the day)

johnwill

Kohout and Company MARS .25 (gun of the day)

Here's a little nickeled gun that appears to be made by Bergmann, but it doesn't appear in any of my books. I suspect it was nickled after manufacture, because much of what was on the slide is barely readable. From what I can make out, it says:

KOHOUToSPO1 KDYNE

If that means anything to anyone, please let me know.

78411_Bergmann_MARS_4small3.jpg

Last edited:
Johnwill:

John, according to my records the MARS is a tradename used on SA Pistols made by Manufacture d'Armes de PYENEES

HJN

Hmm... Perhaps the guy that told me it was a Bergmann was incorrect! :) It won't be the first time. I looked them up, and they do use the name Mars, and Bergmann has used it in the past as well. From the look of the gun, I'd say that your guess is probably better than mine, it seems to be more in line with the Unique line of guns than the stuff that Bergmann produced. I can't find a picture of it in any of the books I have, but that's not all that surprising.

Kohout and Spolecnost (Kohout and Company), Kdyne, Czecholslovakia. Made in the 1920's, and one of several pistols to use the trade name "Mars". Kdyne (Kdyni) is SSW of Plsen (Pilsen), about 5 miles from the German border.

AFAIK, no connection with Bergmann.

Jim

Last edited:
Jim, I think you have nailed it. Thanks for the info, always like to keep the record straight! :)

Note the topic name change, I'm practicing "Revisionist History"!

Last edited:
Back