Bergara B-14 Hunter.....what says TFL

I don't have the hunter but I do have the B-14 HMR, if the hunter shoots anything like the HMR you won't be disappointed

I stumbled onto one in 6.5 CM for $550 a couple of years ago. It shoots very well, but my $350 Ruger American is more accurate and less picky about what it shoots. The Ruger has a heavier, thicker barrel, yet is 1/2 lb lighter.

The stocks on Bergara's LOOK nice, but they are still a cheap plastic stock. They just do a better job of dressing them up.

I don't dislike the Bergara and at the price I paid can't complain. I'll probably sell mine and might be able to get all of my money back.

If I had $700 budget I'd buy a Tikka instead. My brother and his son-in-law shoot Tikka's in 6.5 and 223. I have a Tikka CTR in 308 and one of the T1x rifles in 22 LR. They are the most accurate rifles I've ever shot. The Ruger Predators at 1/2 the price are a close 2nd.

The Bergara tactical/target rigs have heavier barrels and may be more accurate, but those start to become too heavy for a hunting rifle. The Ruger and Tikka are 1/2 to a full pound lighter than the Bergara Hunter. And are at least as accurate making them a better choice for hunting in my opinion.

My only experience with Bergaras is with cornbush's B-14.
My opinion matches his.

I don't have the hunter but I do have the B-14 HMR, if the hunter shoots anything like the HMR you won't be disappointed

Last fall I bought CVA's paramount black powder rifle--it's actually made for them by Bergara. The accuracy and quality of manufacture is so far ahead of anything I've ever seen or used in the black powder world; I'm guessing their rifle products must be at least as good.;)

I think that the Bergara rifles are excellent. A friend of mine has the B-14 HMR. That thing shoots lights out. Very nice stock as well. I don't currently own one, but eventually I will.

Back