Beretta Trigger Job and Snapcaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skorzeny

My Beretta 92FS Centurion has a trigger job from a local smith, who seemed to have done a good job. The DA and SA trigger pulls are both moderate and very smooth.

Before I took the gun to him, I told him that the trigger job should be for carry/self-defense and he told me that he would make sure that the pull would be light, but give reliable, strong ignition.

Well, I've discovered recently that this Beretta is eating up snapcaps like crazy. After dry-firing with a snapcap for a bit, I find that the "primer" section of the snapcap is driven into the "bullet" rendering it useless (now the firing pin ends up hitting
the empty space).

Has anyone ever experienced this before? I suspect that my smith lightened the pull
somehow while actually increasing the tensile strength of the hammer spring. Would this be a problem (wearing the firing pin out sooner, for example) in the long run besides having to buy more snapcaps?

I would appreciate some informed comments or thoughts. Skorzeny

------------------
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence. Sun Tzu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back