beretta shotgun

notavictim88

Inactive
I have an old beretta 12 ga semi auto that i aquired has anybody had experience with these every time i fire it, it hits me right in the jaw no matter what round I use i.e. slugs, high brass, low brass, buck shot. Anybody know what the issue could be or is it opperator error?

Sounds like the gun doesn't fit you. Most Beretta semis were designed for target or hunting loads, not slugs. What model is it?

Slugs and buckshot are MAX loads and beat the shooter and the gun.

Go out and get some standard game/target loads, Remington Gun Clubs or Winchester AA's

You need to get some help locally .....it may be a fundamentals issue in terms of your mount or how you're holding the gun / or it's probably a fit issue....

...but you need someone that can watch you mount the gun and shoot it....( can't do it over the internet)...

My concern is that using those heavy slugs may be beating the gun to the point of receiver failure. You might want to get it checked by a competent gunsmith (not an AR parts changer) and have him check thoroughly

I vote operator error. Do you have a solid cheek weld on the gun? I have fired upwards of 15 Berettas with birdshot up to slugs and have never had any problem.

What model? The only Beretta Ive ever shot that was "hard kicking" was a 1201 FP. Its a light recoil operated military/ police shotgun that was the predecessor to the Benelli M1. With buckshot and slugs, that thing was unpleasant to shoot.

Back