Beretta Minx .22 short

sox

Got one today used. Beautiful blue finish,plastic grips. Went out and shot 300 rounds. Accurate for what it is. Reliable. One misfire-faulty primer, one failure to eject- with match grade ammo. I think the recoil impulse was just too low. Fed everything else without a hitch. Big fun. 4.00/100 rounds. It fits behind my wallet discreetly. I used to have the .25 matte finish version,sold it long ago. It was totally reliable. These are great little guns for what they are. Now I need some wood grips, and a meprolight shotgun bead to install as a front sight.

I have always liked the "Minx" for some odd reason. I have owned two of them, and they both worked just fine. I got rid of the last one after I got an illustration of how feeble the 22 short really is. Several years ago I was out at what was then a local dump. It had a flimsy yellow aluminum road sign warning of "no unauthorized dumping". I shot the sign with the Minx. The bullet bounced off! I tried again. Same result. I then tried a 22lr out of a Ruger pistol. Zipped right through. Gosh those 22 shorts are weak. The Minx is still a great little gun. I just don't trust them for any practical use. Best. Watch-Six

Back