Beretta Magazine Re-Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skorzeny

I have a couple of high-cap, pre-ban Beretta 92FS magazines.

While they function 100%, I am concerned that they may be wearing out.

Is there a source for magazine followers and springs for these? For example, I know that Wolfsprings has the high strength magazine springs, but I do not know where I can buy the followers.

I'd appreciate any help or leads. Thank you.

Skorzeny

------------------
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence. Sun Tzu

Skorzeny:

I recommend you locate Berettas website. If they're anything like SIG, you can go to an on-line catalog and order what you need via the telephone.

It's worth a shot...otherwise, Brownells, Denny's Shooter's Supply or others may be the way to go.

Good luck...
Mike

The most important thing is the integrity of the magazine tube. Be sure the lips aren't bent, the tube free from cracks or dents.

Followers (generally plastic) rarely wear out.

Floorplates - check the aluminum floorplates for cracks and replace if so.

Springs - compare used spring to new spring. If same length, keep using the old spring. If the old spring is shorter, replace.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Just for the record... I have some old Beretta 92 mags (late 1970's) and they still work flawlessly. 10's of thousands of rounds through them... some of them stored loaded for months at a time... no problems yet. Spare parts are nice just in case, but I wouldn't worry too much about them. Spend the money on more hi-cap mags.

I had the same thing happen to my md 96. I was able to order several (four) for $12 per follower directly from beretta by calling their main office phone number and asking for parts. Interestingly I had 3 break (all original) in about a 8 week period, luckily I ordered 4 just to have some spares.

Hope this helps.
pete

Hi Peter,

Please share with us the circumstances and conditions under which your followers broke. I don't doubt you, just curious. Thanks.

Gary

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back