Beretta M81

GTNMUDY

Have a question.

I have a chance to purchase 2, Beretta m81 in 32 ACP.

These are consecutive serial numbers.

The Berettas are surplus service trade in guns from Italy.

It was hard to believe that out of all the surplus guns that we received at my shop I found 2 that the serial numbers were consecutive.

These 2 guns are in decent shape, not safe queens by any means..

I can purchase these for about $400 for the pair.

Any value here???

I think the value of those guns is as shooters not collectibles,,,
The price is pretty good though.

Right now Classic Firearms has the Model 81 for $209.99,,,
They also have the Model 81BB for $229.99,,,
That's for the gun and one magazine.

Consecutive serial numbers might be a selling point,,,
But in my experience if they aren't collectible in the first place it doesn't matter.

JMHO

Aarond

I agree that they are not Colt snake guns so the consecutive #'s don't mean that much.

The flood of this gun into the US and in many different directions, I was caught off guard when I was entering the serial numbers into our inventory and noticed it.

it was our second shipment of these and out of a box of 15, 81's I ran across this.

Maybe go play the lottery???

48648896931_3548e2730e_z.jpg

There isn't really collector value IMHO. But I couldn't pass up two @ $229.00 each for hand select.

I converted one to 380 ACP.

I agree that they are not Colt snake guns so the consecutive #'s don't mean that much.

The flood of this gun into the US and in many different directions, I was caught off guard when I was entering the serial numbers into our inventory and noticed it.

it was our second shipment of these and out of a box of 15, 81's I ran across this.

Maybe go play the lottery???
How are the condition of the ones you're seeing? I haven't bought a gun in a couple months and missed out on getting the best ones the first go round earlier this year, but if there are still some good ones to be had, I may buy them.

I'm not sure about collectors value as I see them at a similar low price in quite a few sellers. But I purchased one through Classic Firearm @ the $209 price and I could not be happier with the condition. It only had slight holster marks, small scratches and appeared relatively unfired. It shoots great and is a fine operating pistol. I would buy one just to get a very good pistol at a great price. Also, Classic Firearms has additional mags available.

Last edited:
Mine cost $229 from AIM. Shipping was cheap and FFL was only $10. It's a very good shooter, much better than I am. The finish is still in good shape and I'm guessing it wasn't shot much. Some larger grips from Altamont helped it fit my XL hands better. I got three modified Model 84 magazines from Robertson Ranch... I think that's the name of the place. I used them today and they worked fine.

It's Beretta quality and a steal for the price, IMHO. They will be worth more than $200 after the supply dries up.

I picked up my 81 from Classic Firearms and liked it so much that I ordered the 81bb from Gander for the same price. The bb sports some nice upgrades and is a bit easier to break down and re-assemble and shoots a bit better due to the improved sights. Glad I jumped on these after this weekends gun show. I saw a nib 81fs for $750, ouch!

I have both the 81 and 85 Beretta’s from the surplus currently being offered, both mine came from Aim and were like new, one possibly unfired ....I paid just over $200 each and I doubt would sell for less than a consecutive numbered pair as they just are not collectible. I purchased four consecutive number FEG Hi Powers cheap just to have something different in the HP collection but certainly nothing someone would pay extra for.

I would purchase them for $400 for the pair. I got mine from Classic and love it and the 84F, they really are great guns.

Back