Beretta M1935 Question?

SGreve32x

I came across a Beretta M1935. Its in very good shape. Has the original leather holster and 2 mags with it. Im looking to find the year the gun was made by the serial number. All I have found out so far is that it was made between 1935 to 1959. I would like to narrow it down more. Does anyone know of a website that has the information to where I can find more of the exact year? Thanks

Many Berettas have the year of manufacture on them in Roman numbers dating from the beginning of Mussolini's rule in 1922. Give us some good pictures of both sides of the gun.

Jim

Here are some pictures. My camera isnt the best. There is a date of 1939 on the side of it and right next to the date is XVII.

Last edited:
Serial ranges for the 1939 guns are 434500 thru 442000.
What are the tang markings on your pistol, Navy or Air Force?

May be a closer shot of the tang. it's always fun to look at another.

JT

This picture isnt the pistol I have right now but mine has the exact same markings. Any info on it is very much appreciated like if it was a civilian pistol or amry issue. Thanks guys.

Beretta20193520436425_zps0344334e.jpg

The year of manufacture is on the slide in two ways, 1939 and XVII or 17 (+1922 = 1939), and on the frame as the proof date.

The gun pictured in SGreve's post is a commercial model. "PSF" means Polvere senza Fumo, or smokeless powder. (FWIW, the Italian black powder proof is "PN" for Polvere Nero; some folks interpret it as a Nitro proof, which it is not.)

Jim

There appears to be rust or corrosion on the slide. I would WAG at a value of $200-250. Military markings might add some value.

Jim

Back