Beretta + Fiocchi = La Dolce Vita

Matt VDW

The more I shoot my Beretta 92FS, the more I like it.

Last night I tried some Fiocchi 115 gr. FMJ, thinking that Italian ammo in an Italian (OK, Italian-American - mine was made in Maryland :) ) pistol would be a good combination. And it was! The wide, comfortable grip of the Beretta made the hot Fiocchi ammo a pleasure to shoot. I wish I'd had a chronograph; to judge by the muzzle blast and the cratered primers, those rounds were in the +P range. And they were accurate, too, printing right where I aimed them at 50 feet.

Ah, to have a sweet-shooting pistol with affordable 15 round mags that looks good, too. I know that others have had problems with the M9/92FS, and I know that it's big for a 9mm, but it's got a certain charm to it that's starting to make my Glock 19 jealous. ;)

I've begun to use Fiocchi ammo a lot.

The other day I even bought some Fiocchi .25ACP FMJ. I like the Fiocchi. Seems a little hotter and definitely is the cleanest, shiniest ammo right out of the box, I've ever used. I like that.
KR

I've begun to use Fiocchi ammo a lot.

The other day I even bought some Fiocchi .25ACP FMJ for my Beretta Jetfire. I like the Fiocchi. Seems a little hotter and definitely is the cleanest, shiniest ammo right out of the box, I've ever used. I like that.
KR

A few of the guns I have are a Sig P220 .45acp, S&W 6906 9mm, Walther PPK/S .380, and my duty carry Beretta 92FS. I also have an few .22's both semi and revolver and a Ruger SRH .44 magnum. Now, while the SRH is my favorite gun of all time to shoot.......I really, really love the Beretta. As a matter of fact my wife and I are going shooting tomorrow, her the .380, me the Sig and the Beretta. Some people do not care for or like the 92FS, I love it. It fits my hand perfect, shoots great, has never failed me, has never ever given me cause to curse it or shake my head. I've been feeding it handloads for the 10+ years that I've had it, the only problem being a bullet stuck in the barrel once from a squib load (forgot to put powder in the case, doh!!) that was totally my fault. Other than that my Beretta has never failed to go bang when I pulled the trigger. I'm glad the weather finally turned good, I have a lot of shooting to do before June as I'm going to school to be a firearms instructor for my department.

I will say the Sig is looking pretty good too!! :)

My first gun was a Beretta 92FS and I love this gun. It has not once givin me a problem to this date. I will never give up my Beretta 9mm.

Found a case of Fiocchi 9mm for $130

a few years back. It was an excellent accuracy round in my 92FS Inox.

I never knew a case could disappear that quickly...

Morituri salutamus!

The Fiocchi 115 FMJ and JHP did 1270 fps from my Glock 17.

Same as the US M882 NATO FMJ and Rem 115 +P+ JHP BTW.

The Fiocchi JHP expanded the same as the Rem too, about .61 or better when shot into water jugs (even after cloth pads). Some flash, but not too much. The "combat" load (123 FMJ/TC) is as fast as the Win/Fed 124 NATO stuff too.

Fiocchi 9mm is loaded to CIP specs, which have a max pressure of 39,200 psi (SAAMI +P max is 38,500 psi).

Clean, accurate, reliable, inexpensive. Lottsa bang for the lira. :)

One caution about Fiocchi...

I've noticed that Fiocchi ammo seems more susceptible than most to bullet setback from repeated chambering.

Great stuff for practice, but if you are going to carry it, try to avoid chambering rounds more than once...

Not a big deal in 9mm, which is all I have experience with, but from what I understand, setback in .40 and .357 Sig can be a real problem.

I like Fiocchi and shoot a lot of it, I'm not intending this to be any sort of indictment--just an observation.

This may be a variance due to manufacturing location (this particular batch was made in Hungary), but I was a bit disappointed with Fiocchi 45 when I chronographed it:

Hi: 816.3
Lo: 745.2
Av: 785.3
ES: 71.09
SD: 22.67

This was 230gr FMJ from a SIG 220. This differs considerably from the 875fps claimed on the Fiocchi webpage. I am still interested in trying some in 9mm because I have heard about it being pretty hot, but I am not too sure about using it again in 45.

YMMV...

Back