beretta cougar 8045 vs. P220?

cruiserman

I had my eye on a used 8045 for a while, but it was finally sold. New ones are too pricey ($600), and I'm also interested in a P220. Any comments on this comparison?

I don't know if this will help you?I own 2 Berettas,one is the 8040 and I purchased the 8045 Cat Pak. The 8040 is my shooter and primary carry gun, I love it. It's a good shooter and it feels good to me. The 8045 I bought strictly as a collector piece and probably will never fire it. As far as the P220 I can't answer that one. I have no experience with it. But I really do like my 8040. You have to buy what is good for you and what feels right to you.
Hope that helps. Good luck and happy shooting.

------------------
gun control is people control

[This message has been edited by loknload (edited December 09, 1999).]

Greetings Crusierman; No comparison for me!!!
The Sig P220A is absolutely the finest
firearm currently in production. Reliable,
accurate, durable w/ a little TLC. Like
State Farm say's; "It's like a good neighbor", always there when you need it.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Just some FYI:
My local PD is doing away with the 8040 because multi-malfunctions. I don't know if it'll apply to the 8045.
Someone confirm this to me.
I heard that Beretta is not producing the Cougar series anymore. True or False????

I have both the 220 and the 8045. The P220 was the first Sig I bought, and it was also the gun that addicted both myself and my father to Sigs. The second Sig I bought was another P220, and I just love the way the 220 handles: well balanced, smooth trigger, very managable recoil, reliable, accurate. Buy the P220, you won't go wrong. I bought the Cougar 8045 in the CatPak recently, and haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet, but I hope it becomes one of my carry pieces after I put a few hundred rounds through it.My father has the Cougar 8040, and it's a sweet piece of hardware and I love the rotating barrel method of managing recoil. If you're looking for a carry piece in .45acp, look hard at the Cougar. If you want a fun range piece, the P220's the ticket..Dan in GA

Dan, why would someone want to CC a 8045 Beretta Cougar over the Sig p220 ? I was checking out both just yesterday, and while the Sig has a slightly longer barrel, the frame felt considerably smaller. Then again, I didn't have my ruler with me. The Sig, which was priced the same as the Cougar felt much better in all respects. I wouldn't pay $600 bucks for the Beretta, wait till there are more on the market and see if the price drops.

Back