Beretta Cougar 8040 vs Glock 27

• Thread starter Thread starter PreserveFreedom
  • Start date Start date
P

PreserveFreedom

Now, don't get me wrong. I love my Cougar. When people in the past have asked me if I would ever part with it, the only thing I could imagine trading off for is a Glock 27. Well, there is a gun show in Las Cruces this weekend and I am tempted to see if I can work out such a deal. In your opinion, is this an even trade? I don't think there is anything else I would part with my Cougar for. It would have to be a Glock 27 or cash equivilent. If someone happens to be interested, should I expect to go through with a no cash transaction? Do you think this is a good thing to do? If it doesn't happen, I won't be disappointed. As I said, I do love my Cougar. :)

Trade for 27

Boy that's a tough one. I have both and wouldn't give up either ;) I must admit my Glock is more accurate then my Cougar. And my Glock is easier to carry then my Cougar. But I wouldn't trade one for the other ;) I don't know if this is going to help with your decision :)

I have a Mini Cougar, 8040F. When I was looking, I shot one side by side w/ a G27. I bought the Mini Cougar. I shot them both equally well, in a controlled environment. But the Cougar felt better, more natural. And side by side the Mini is only a tad bigger than the 27. So that's what I carry daily. Still I rent a 27 every now and then, still no regrets :) .

-- Chuck

Well my Cougar is safe and sound. There wasn't a Glock 27 in site at that gun show. However, there is gonna be another one in two weeks I was told. I did pick up a couple os 20 round nickel mags for my Mini 14 though. (See The Art of the Rifle.) I played with an M1 Carbine but that's another story. The important thing is, my COugar is safe and sound. :)

Keep the Cougar if you can

Why are you limiting yourself to gunshows? Try a local dealer. I don't think I'd trade a perfectly reliable Beretta Cougar for a Glock unless you NEED a carry piece... but even then I'd scrimp and save in order to keep the Beretta.

Ben

I've held both, and I own a Beretta. I can't say anything more than keep the Cougar. I have been enamored with it since I first picked it up, but passed on it because I needed an IPSC gun. The thing melted in my hand and I swore I never felt another gun fit like that, not even the order Marshall I have now. Forget the trade, just hang on to the cougar and save your money. That gun is special.

How could you ever get rid of a beretta? I have a 8045 that
I am going to use for carry its a great weapon feels good looks great and has class, also shoots great!!!! Every time I go to a gun show I pick some of the Glocks and put the right back down, maybe there good but I just can't see my
owning one. With the feel alone the Beretta wins hands down....

Dan H

8045 = stylish, ergonomic, handsome, crafted, surgically precise.

27 = just another glock indistinguishable from any other glock.

if you'd trade a fine quality piece of crafstmanship like a cougar for a 27, why not a 17, or a 30, or a _____ fill in the blank. any glock looks and feels like another.

they have their place. i wouldn't mind owning a 21. it'd be another colour in the crayon box. but it wouldn't be a cougar. that'd be like trading your only midnight summer blue in your 264 box of crayolas for another grey one. sheesh.

the only way to get me to swap my cougar for it is... is... er... well, i just wouldn't.

there's a time and a place for a plastic gun, i have a couple in my collection, but there's no way that they feel as good in my hand as the cougar does.

Well, the only reason I considered going for a Glock 27 is because I already have a Glock 22. Having a Glock 22, I don't see the need for a Glock 23 but I do see a need for a Glock 27. My Beretta does feel like part of me though. I am glad it is right nere next to me...safe and sound.

Back