Beretta cheetah love.

Gulfcowboy

I recently purchased a used Israeli police beretta 85bb in 380acp. I thought it was double stacked, but it was only single stacked. With my mind made up to sell it I took it to the range to at least try it out. I shot it, and really enjoyed size comfort and lack of heavy recoil. Taking it home I posted for sale and the amount of people that contacted me was amazing. I found myself not being able to part with it. I really love this little pistol. Anyone else out the have love ,or experience with these little cheetah series pistols? If so speak up. I'd like to hear about them

I have the .22 version Cheetah. The model 87. It is an 8 + 1 22 LR. Super accurate, light, zero recoil, and just plain fun to shoot. Keeping mine. It also makes a great trainer to teach new shooters.

My wife has a model 86 with the tip-up barrel. It's a really nice little gun. Very well made, a good shooter and it feels good in the hand.

I recently purchased a used Israeli police beretta 85bb in 380acp. I thought it was double stacked, but it was only single stacked. With my mind made up to sell it I took it to the range to at least try it out. I shot it, and really enjoyed size comfort and lack of heavy recoil. Taking it home I posted for sale and the amount of people that contacted me was amazing. I found myself not being able to part with it. I really love this little pistol. Anyone else out the have love ,or experience with these little cheetah series pistols? If so speak up. I'd like to hear about them
I have had many Cheeta series pistols. This model 81 (a double stack, DA/SA .32 acp) was foolishly sold ( I tried to back out but the buyer would really have been upset). I told him to let me know if he ever wanted to sell it and I would buy it back. About a month after he received it, he called me and said he needed the funds to buy another gun. So I got it back at what he had paid me for it. Will never make that mistake again.

Trooper Joe

I picked up this 84fs Cheetah about two years ago (the grips, which I thought were cool, were added later), and couldn't find any ammo for it at the time, so I tucked it away without ever having gotten a chance to try it out. I'll have to pull it out of the safe one of these days and give it a try. I would imagine that it would be a fun little gun to shoot.

full

Frank

I like my Beretta 84F. It's just "old school cool."

00-hkoSrbiJVbkLQIqHJdzDYiKsisWU9eos8swfCMeXiIygnvQ3ZpVv-wakdNnE8FNJ4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA

Tisas makes a really nice clone of the Beretta 84BB for about $350.00 last price I saw (at Bud's).

00-hkoSrbiJVbkLQIqHJdzDYiKsisWU9eos8swfCMeXiIws4VF8nGq1ow3iwbBYZlA7qCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw

I'm not sure if the stainless/silver finish is still available or not though. All I see now have a black finish. Uses the same mags as the 84.

Love these Berettas. Sadly, I don't have any of these pistols. I do have a 94, a 96, a minx and a .22 Tomcat. All very good.

I do want the rest of 'em, though!

--Wag--

Lol. If you say this thread's title out loud and real fast it sounds funny, at least to me. I love the Beretta Cheetah. I had an 84 back in the early eighties. At a gun show about fifteen years ago I got this satin-nickel 85FS in .380 ACP. I just shot it at the range recently. Still quite the little tack driver.
50378906416_5497363f6b_c.jpg

I have the Beretta 84 & 81 and love to shoot and carry them, they get plenty of time in my CC rotation. I never feel under gunned carrying one. The 380 is for now and when I start having issues later in life the 81 will do great.

I have a Beretta 84 - a fantastic pistol! I ran across mine at a LGS when I stopped in to pick up a S & W 380 EZ when they first came out. They had just put it out. It had the original box, manual, paperwork and original receipt with it. It looked unfired and the clerk that waited on me said that they had purchased it from an older woman who had brought it in - her husband had passed and she said that he had bought it and it had resided in one of his dresser drawers from the time he brought it home. IIRC, I think I paid $280 out the door for it. I had always heard a bout the Beretta quality but never owned one. I figured it was a fair price at the time and I have never regretted purchasing it - shoots all of my reloads very well and I wouldn't part with it for love nor money!

Has anyone gave the tisas fatih 13 a try? I saw beretta was coming out with a new cheetah, but it looks a little ugly to me.

Has anyone gave the tisas fatih 13 a try? I saw beretta was coming out with a new cheetah, but it looks a little ugly to me.
I had one, (pictured above) and liked it as much, maybe a little more than the Beretta (The grips were a little thinner). The Fatih is a copy of the Beretta 84BB, and as such didn't have a decocker/safety. The hammer had to be lowered manually for DA/SA carry. I'd never had any trouble doing that, but as my fingers got older, and as arthritus started to make them stiff, I wasn't comfortable doing it anymore. The Fatih went back into the safe, and the Beretta came out. It later got traded off, but it was a good little gun.

I agree...the new Beretta is ugly.

Lol. If you say this thread's title out loud and real fast it sounds funny, at least to me. I love the Beretta Cheetah. I had an 84 back in the early eighties. At a gun show about fifteen years ago I got this satin-nickel 85FS in .380 ACP. I just shot it at the range recently. Still quite the little tack driver.
50378906416_5497363f6b_c.jpg
I'm a sucker for stainless finish. Too bad you have to white-glove clean them otherwise you see all the oil and powder.

Beretta's

I love these pistols. I have a Beretta 70s .22lr and .380, 71 .22lr and a 84 .380. I'm waiting on the delivery of a Beretta 81 to round out my collection. My favorite is the Beretta 70S in .22lr. I bought it in Sicily, IT in 1984. I carried it twenty-five years in my hunting coat pocket and killed hundreds of sitting grouse, porcupines, and other varmints while upland game hunting. Its small, compact and very accurate.

There is a picture of my current Beretta's.

Attachments

• Beretta's 2 (2).JPG
    Beretta's 2 (2).JPG
    247 KB · Views: 23
I'm a sucker for stainless finish. Too bad you have to white-glove clean them otherwise you see all the oil and powder.
I like s/s too, but this one is nickel in a satin finish. I shot it again a few weeks ago and didn't notice any external smudges afterwards, but it was only a 50-round shoot.

Back