Beretta Brigader v. Elite (9mm)

9mmLaw

Is the Elite superior enough to pay the difference in price. What are the real differences. What are your experiences with these guns. Thanks.

i have 92G Elite and a 92FS. my Elite has a trigger job done to it with a 92D trigger spring so i shoot it a little better than my 92FS. some differences (sorry if i miss some) are:

beveled mag well
lighter hammer
4.7" flush fitting barrel
front slide serrations
no lanyard loop
mags come with rubber bumpers
"G" safety system

the most noticable and important difference is the G safety. the only berettas civilians can buy with the G safety are the Elite and Elite 2. only LEO's can have other berettas with the G safety. the difference is the safety lever is just a decocker and springs back to "fire" after you decock the gun. on an Brigadier you can get either the FS or D safety, the FS is a safety and decocker and the D is a DAO.

i personally prefer the G safety so i'd spend the extra cash.

There really shouldn't be that much of a difference in price. The local shops that have had both guns in my area (Utah) have only had about a $10 difference in price between the two.

The Elite has a stainless barrel as well (not a difference if the Brigadier is stainless).

Shake

Back