Beretta Bobcat Model 21A in .22LR--new purchase

Ledbetter

Got the bug yesterday to get back in compliance with my state's "buy one gun a month" rule. Went in my favorite gun store and bought one of these little plinkers for "close encounters" with varmint critters. Found a set of Beretta wood grips at cheaperthandirt.com and ordered them.

Any one want to share experiences or information sources for these guns? The one I got is used, but not too used. The DA/SA model is not (yet?) approved for sale new in California, according to the dealer.

Thanks for any replies.

Regards,

Ledbetter

I used to have it in .25 a few years ago when Seecamp was the only .32 option available. I sold it once the Guardian / Kel-Tec P-32 came out. I never had any trouble with, shot fine but I never shot it a lot. I did like the tip-up barrel.

I've owned a few over the years, and for what they are, they are good little pistols. Only two things to keep in mind with those things. Make SURE that the chamber is very dry before firing or you might have problems with the cases sticking. I used to keep them loaded in various locations for emergencies, and I found that the $20 magazines did not hold up well to being loaded for long periods.

Thanks for the replies

I searched through the archives and found that experiences were "mixed" with these guns. Can anyone tell me how it breaks down/field strips, or any web forums or info sources?

I'm not sure about the bobcats... but I figure stipping is similar to the Jetfire:

1. take mag out
2. tip barrel WAY forward
3. unload chamber
4. cock hammer (Not sure you can do that on a DA Bobcat)
5. push slide back just enough to lift up front of slide
6. lift up and let slide forward slowly and up
7. take it off.
8. DON'T DROP THE HAMMER... internal parts could break.

Ben

Jetfire

I love my Jetfire .25cal. Curious has anyone obtained the stainless version (Inox). Of course the .25 is anemic for sure, but the Jetfire is absolutely reliable, fun to shoot, despite the fact that .25 ammo costs more than .9mm, still it is fun for sure.

I carry when possible, a Kahr MK9, but when impossible, 8+1 .25 Jetfire hardball. Accurate too, at 5 yards, for such a little guy.

You will probably need to experiment with ammo before you find a brand or two that functions with high reliability. Not a big deal given the price of .22, but don't get excited if your favorite brand doesn't work out. Try Winchester Super X and some of the Russian stuff.

Also, practice with it extensively. These little guns have a way of always being with you; it might well be "the gun that you have", as opposed to the one you wish you had with you.

Hey thanks.

Thanks Ben. I don't know if I'll end up with a manual soon, and there's no web info available on take down.

My always personal defense gun is a Kel Tec P32. This is for fun and backyard varmint critter dispatchment, including CCI shotshells at airborne pesties. Although, as stated, it may turn out to be the gun I always have handy.

My .22 ammos of choice are Winchester super-x hi-vel and TU-22 target, Stingers, mini-mags, Hydrashocks, and Remington. I don't like the smell of the Aguila. I hope we can find something the Bobcat likes in the old ammo bin.:D

I appreciate your replies. TFL is a great place to share info and experiences.

Regards to all.

I may have a manual for you

Ledbetter,

I own a 21A in 22lr and my father did as well, so I may have an extra manual lying around. If I can dig it up, I'd be more than happy to mail it to you. Contact me off-list if you're interested.

Horny Toad

Back