Beretta Bobcat 22 range report.

Prof Young

Picked up my NIB stainless steel Bobcat on Friday but didn't make it to the range until yesterday. Thing runs well.

About 80 rounds thru it. Four different kinds of ammo. Two fail to feed incidents both with Remington Thunderbolt. In both cases the round had jump up too high and so would not feed.

At four yards, shooting unsupported I could get about four inch groups. Should be able to do better, but I'm a lousy shot with all my mouse guns.

Came in a soft sided case with lock and manual and one magazine. The magazine holds eight, but as noted in the reviews I read, it won't seat with eight. Gotta run it with seven only. Magazine has a follower flange (don't know what to call that thing) making it easy to pull the follower down and load it.

DA trigger pull is kinda long, but I'd call the SA trigger pull short and crisp.

The sights are next to nothing. May paint the front sight a bright color.

Tip up barrel works as it should. Racking the gun is not all that hard.

Paid $350 even for it at the Belle-Clair gun show, which is a really good price and surprising as I rarely find good prices at the gun show.

Pics below.

Life is good
Prof Young

Attachments

• Bobcat2.jpg
    Bobcat2.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Bobcat1.jpg
    Bobcat1.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 92
Are you happy ???

Picked up my NIB stainless steel Bobcat on Friday but didn't make it to the range until yesterday. Thing runs well.
So, I take it that you are satisfied with it's performance. Right ???

Be Safe !!!!

Ummmmmmm . . . .

No offense, but it seems like an odd questions.

But, yeah, for a mouse gun it pretty much performs as expected.

Life is good
Prof Young

Your grouping at four yards unsupported with such a small firearm and very short barrel isn't as bad as you think.

I HATE Remington Thunderbolts. Oddly, they shoot fairly well in one of my rifles. But most of my handguns don't like them.

That is a nice gun. Your grouping will get better with practice. Heck , when it comes to my 642 my groups look like shotgun pattern. Are you going to continue to shoot different brands to see what it really likes without any issues also?

I can't shoot my 21a any better. My range has a 5 yard minimum. Consistency is hard to obtain for whatever reason. I can shoot three or four tight rounds, say 2 inch group, but there is always a couple of flyers making the group 4 or 5 inches. Happens every time. None the less, I enjoy shooting either my .22lr or the .25acp. The .25 feeds more reliably.

I count rounds so I don't dry fire the .22 as the manual says not to dryfire without a snapcap or expended case. Enjoy your new Beretta. Mec Gar makes mags if you want extras.

I had a 4" Beretta Minx that would group about 1" at 25 yards.
The M21 is a very stretched Minx. All of the tip-up small Berettas seem to be inherently accurate.
Practice.

More on bobcat . . .

I've run eight kinds of ammo through it and the only problems I've had were the two fail to feeds with the thunderbolt. It occurs to me that I should have paid better attention to which kinds group better. May do that off of some kind of rest.

I too count the rounds. Not recommended to dry fire the gun. If one loses track that tip up barrel comes in handy to see if it's still loaded.

I've gotten slide bite twice from the thing. Pudgy hands I guess.

It's a lotta fun. I hadn't planned on owning another mouse gun but that is was stainless and at a good price . . . couldn't pass it up.

Life is good.
Prof Young

One of the greatest hindrances to good precision (not accuracy), is the tiny sights and super short sight radius. Mouse guns are typically used up close and personal as a last resort so long range accuracy isn’t that big of a deal. I have the Beretta Tomcat in .32 ACP which is very similar to your gun. I prefer to have my Springfield Armory Hellcat, but I guess a mouse gun is better than harsh words only when things get really ugly.

Back