Beretta APX Centurion Review

Elliottsdad

Just picked up my Beretta APX Centurion (15-rounder, for carry) this weekend.
Haven't shot it yet. That bit will follow.
I read ahead of time that the APX trigger was wide and "mushy." Wide, yes (and feels great). Mushy? A little, but barely. Not the best trigger ever, but NOT BAD AT ALL. Reset is short and audible. The trigger safety "dingus" protrudes a hair, no different than Glocks. It's not a distraction at all.
I also read that the APX grip texture is too rough for IWB.
False. My S&W M&P 2.0, and the CZ P10c textures are far more aggressive.
The grip angle is true, and doesn't require "getting used to"
Slide is a little difficult to rack (very tight), but no stiffer than my M&P Shield. For a Glock 19 competitor, slide racking ease could admittedly be better.
Build quality (fit/finish and materials) on the APX seems great. For a modular pistol: A+, especially compared to the comparables I've handled.
The APX is noticeably heavier than my other compact pistols: this is a concern for CCW.
I bought a kydex holster (yet to be received) from an online company, but APX Centurion holsters are hard to find at this point. I'll speak to this once I've received the holster, and carry the pistol a bit.
Last but not least: those slide serrations. They are good, not grand. I absolutely CAN get a grip on the slide, but wonder if the Toblerone blocks shouldn't have been spaced a bit closer together.
This seems like a very good carry pistol, but not quite "perfection"
I'll post more once some rounds are fired!

God Bless.

I don't know why, but Beretta waited a long time before releasing this pistol on the American market, so it failed to get much traction on an ever increasingly saturated market.

Thanks for the quick review! I've been curious about the APX series.

Interesting pistol... not interested at the moment, it doesn't pull me towards it given the price and that I wouldn't use it as an EDC being it's still a bit to big. I love my Beretta 92M91A, which is a quality gun.

I bought my APX Centurion in January and am impressed by the soft recoil and I have no issue with the trigger. I found it to be quite accurate out of the box.

Back