beretta al390

NY978

Inactive
My dad just bought a beautiful, brand new Beretta AL 390 for me for my 30th birthday. Can anyone explain how to take the plugs out of the magazine tube to increase the capacity to three rounds? The manual doesn't offer much detail. Thanks.

BTW - I enjoyed your last post Dave McC if you happen to read this. My dad introduced me to shooting when I was quite young and its an interest we've shared for many years - I think its definitely one of the reasons we're such good buddies.

1. UNLOAD the firearm.
2. Remove the fore-end cap, fore-end, exhaust valve spring, barrel, and piston.
3. At the bottom of the forward end of the magazine tube, there should be a little hole with a silver "button" in it. This button is spring loaded and keeps the piston shaft from spinning off the mag tube. Press this button in with a punch or similar tool while turning the piston shaft CCW with a screwdriver.

CAUTION: The piston shaft is what keeps the magazine spring under tension. Make sure you have a good grip on the piston shaft as you near the end of thread engagement.

Remove piston shaft, magazine spring, and spacer.

Step 4 can be a little tricky when trying to keep that little button pressed down as you unscrew the piston shaft.

Good luck!

Thanks. Pop went to his reward(Possibly Valhalla) in 91, but I think of him every day. Still have most of his guns...

Back