Beretta A300 anyone have one?

WVsig

I am looking for a budget semi-auto all around gun. Something that I can use in the field on occasion and also use to informally shoot skeet or trap. I am not a serious hunter or clay shooter. If I get into clays I will upgrade but I do not want to put too much $$$ into something only to have sit on the shelf.

I found a A300 with less than 50 shells through it. I can get is for low price locally. No transfer fees no shipping. Just a short drive. ;)

You can also get one NIB which is currently for $599+ shipping and transfer with a $100 rebate. So about $629 out the door. I have read a fair amount of reviews and they seem to be positive. So after the rebate $529 NIB if I want the new route. Used will be in the $400 range.

I have not been able to find a better priced budget gun. Does anyone have any first hand accounts or hands on time with this gin? If not how about another recommendation in this price range.

Last edited:
That doesn't really sound like a budget auto loader to me. I picked up my last Remington 1100 for $400 and its a 1980 model. I am also kinda curious about the Beretta line of shotguns as well.

That doesn't really sound like a budget auto loader to me. I picked up my last Remington 1100 for $400 and its a 1980 model. I am also kinda curious about the Beretta line of shotguns as well.

Well for a new in the box gun $629 with a $100 rebate for a Beretta is a pretty good budget gun IMHO which honestly is pretty shaky on this subject. LOL

But a used 1100 for $400 would be nice too. In my area I never seen a used 1100 in decent condition for less than $550. I find beaters for $400 to $500. Pristine examples run over $600.

Last edited:
Go ahead and get it - if you do not like it, you can sell it for what you paid.

Some folks are still thinking in 1980s dollars................;) Some of us are a little more up to date.

I bought its big brother - an A400 Xplor....USED........for $1400 a few years ago

I shoot skeet the year round at a large gun in central Indiana.This is where I became acquainted with Beretta semi-auto shotguns.Shells are bought by the case and fired by the 1,000's! Beretta's thrive in these conditions.What your looking at is an earlier 300 series(dis-continued)that appears to be exactly what you say your looking for.If it fits,I'd buy it. Good Luck,Skeets:D

I recently purchased one, and have less than than 200 shells through it - so I'm by no means an authority. I have an 11-87 as well, and I found the beretta to be a nice shot gun. The Outlander was a little different than I was used to but after a while it became second nature. I think they are an exceptional value and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a field gun that may occasionally be used for trap.

Back