Beretta 96 vs Steyr M40 vs P99 vs HK USP Compact

mept

All very nice shooting 40's. Any comments regarding accuracy and reliability?? Have shot 92's 9mm many times without complaints, but no experience with its 40 cal counterpart.

I've heard that the 96s don't hold up as well as the 92s but that' s only a rumor. The Steyr is brand new but seems to be doing very well. The P99 apparently had some teething problems but should be fine now and feels fantastic. The HK is excellent, with very high marks across the board.

No problems so far with my Beretta 96 or my USPc .45. I love them both, but the HK is easier to carry, and the muzzle flip is less with the HK.

The 96 feels great in my hand (especially with the Hogue grips) and I've never had one problem with it. Ditto for my HK. Will you carry either? If so, the HK gets my nod being smaller and lighter.

I had a 96 centurion for a couple years, it always performed very well, but I never carried it CCW. I really don;t like the Beretta 9x's for carry, because (as noted above) they are heavier and bulkier than other comparable weapons.

The Sherriff's Office I worked for in TN issued full size 96s, and has for about 5 years, we never had any major problems with them, aside from boat anchor heaviness!

Back