Beretta 96 or Glock 24C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich I

Hi, group. I was thinking about getting a Sega Dreamcast, a few games and some peripheral devices. While going over the budget, it dawned on me that for about the same price, I could get another .40 S&W. I have a little Beretta 8040 Mini Cougar which is lonely for a bigger brother. My question: which is more accurate OOTB, the Beretta 96 or the Glock 24C? I'd only use the new handgun for target-shooting, not match-shooting, though. I have a SIG P220 with a compensated, match-grade barrel and a ported Glock 17L so having a decent target .40 S&W seems like something I'd like.
BTW, I'm not a young guy re the Sega - I'm just a big-old kid at heart. :)

Thanks for any info,
Rich

I didn't know the dreamcast is so expensive. I thought the 24C hovers around $650. I also have two and would like to sell one (check out the ad in the forum under pistol for sale).

I like the Glock but I am going back to my 17 the 24C doesn't really give me much more.

Checked out you FS ad in the forum,seems to be reasonable in price considering the (3)Hi-cap mags.. too bad I already have 2 I could have saved a few bucks.I am thinking of selling one of mine also and buying a G35 :) (Rich I paid $550+Tax for mine and Hi-caps sell for about $85ea)

[This message has been edited by Glock Raider (edited September 14, 1999).]

The Dreamcast only costs $200 but the games are around $50. I can think of five games that I'd get, along with a steering wheel, light gun, memory thing (VMU), an extra controller and a jump-pack - which is like a rumble-pack. $200 for the DC, $250 for games and $150 for peripheral devices is around $600.
The price for your G24C with three factory hi-cap mags seems decent, thequickad. I'm going to a couple gun stores in the next week or so to see what they're charging for a new G24C. If I can't get one under $550 before tax, then I might go for the Beretta 96, which sells for $479 locally. Not to put down your price, but I live in SoCal and there's a thing called SB-23 that takes away a lot of weapons on 1/1/2000. I would look to get a new Beretta 1201FP for about what you're asking for your G24C. Actually, if I can't get a new G24C for under $550 before tax and I don't get the Beretta 96, then I might start looking for a Beretta 1201FP.
SB-23 has people acting strangely around here. I'm glad I already have a couple AR-15's because they're getting hard to find and the prices are too high when you do find them. I should have bought the Beretta 1201FP when it was on sale locally last year for $399. Oh well, yah snooze, yah lose. :)

Later,
Rich

Good luck finding a G24C/You may want to Buy A G35 Instead or just get a G22,you can get a G24C upper from glockmeister later as this is not a restricted part add a 3.5# connector and you have your G24C WWW.glockmeister.com If you dont want to buy a G22 to put a slide on got to www.glockmeister.com click on recivers&slides you could have your ffl order you a G22 reciver for about$150 then put on the 24C slide 275+135=$410+ your dealers markup

[This message has been edited by Glock Raider (edited September 14, 1999).]

The G24C is an extremely accurate weapon, so is the 35. I had a Beretta 96 and have been shooting a 92F for the last two days (yes, Range week at the academy is getting Floyded Out), I have not found either of them to be impressively accurate.

I had a 24C and traded it for a 35 when they came out. I don't think you would be dissapointed with either, but the 35 should be easier to find and probably cheaper.

Wow, thanks for the info. I almost went to buy a S/S Inox Beretta 96 tomorrow. I'll forget about the G24C and look for a G35 instead. To be honest, I could do without the porting. The front sight of my G17L gets almost too dirty to see after only 50 rounds of American Eagle 115g. I won't even use dirty ammo like PMC in the G17L due in part to that. It hasn't been a problem since the G17L is only used for target-shooting. I've actually considered getting a match-grade G17L barrel that wasn't ported.
I'll go to look for a G35 tomorrow and I'll try not to buy the S/S Inox Beretta 96. However, there's something about a "pimp gun" that catches my eye. I have a two-tone SIG P220 that I call my "pimp gun" ;)

Thanks again,
Rich

happy pimping rich :) I think you are going to like the G35 I hope to own one soon myself.

[This message has been edited by Glock Raider (edited September 16, 1999).]

geez,

I'd buy the gun NOW and buy the Sega after the price drops.

You know that those game systems only go DOWN in price... but guns will only get more expensive.

Choose wisely,
Ben.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back