Beretta 96 Brigadier Inox

MagnumLover

Inactive
Hi all,

I've been thinking of picking up one of these for myself and was wondering what the going rate was. How much more expensive is the brigadier model over the regular slide FS model? Also I'm interested in hearing from those who already own one. Is this a good gun to buy?

Thanks

The Brig is a Good Buy

Prices for the Inox 96 Brig seem to be hovering around $590-630... just a couple of bux more than the standard slide FS in Inox. The majority of the Beretta's I own are Brigadiers (all 9mm tho...) and they are exceptional firearms. The 'G' variations are my favorites. Except for the Elite series, G Brigadiers are difficult to find now. Occasionally you can find an LE trade-in. With the added mass of the Brig slide, recoil is reduced and to me, the slide just looks 'right'. Take a look at the 96 Elite and Elite II, $650-705, and get the best of all worlds.

Darryl

What are the differences between the Brigadier and the Elites from the standard 92 and 96.
I have a 92G and 96G and I love them both.

96 Brigadier Inox

Turner's Outdoorsman, http://www.turners.com/ in SoCal, has had both the 92 & 96 Brigadier Inox on sale twice in the last 4 months for $579. I bought the 96 and like it very much.

If you buy the 96 model, pick up some of the police surplus, Italian NP3 mags for it, around $23 each on Auction Arms, seller "gr8deals" I think. The 5 I bought were in excellent shape. The NP3 finish matches the anodized aluminum frame, plus they have mag springs stronger than those in the factory matte-black mags which now ship with the Inox models.

Love those Berettas.

Kep in mind there is a locking block to contend with on the Beretta 92/96 series. I had a 92FS that shot great and was very accurate and it did not give me a minute's trouble but I hated the locking block which is cumbersome and a booger to putback in.

Also, keep in mind that the INS is switching from the Beretta 96 Border Marshall to the HK USP .40 after only a short period of time.

Back