Beretta 950 magazines

geologist

I have a .25 ACP Beretta 950B without the safety of the 950BS. I apologize for the upside down photo but Imgur is doing it no matter how I orient the photo.

The one magazine without holes in the side works well and I suspect that it is the correct 950B magazine.

The two magazines with the holes in the side will fit into the pistol but will not latch. I suspect that they are 950BS magazines.

Is there any way to modify the 950BS magazines so that they will work reliably in the 950B? Magazines like these are hard to find in Canada.

Thanks for any advice.

3abeFVjm.jpg

wxNPd6Gm.jpg

Z9CcpFHm.jpg

cRrDHfdm.jpg

The only thing that could keep them from latching is the location of the latching holes.
Compare, trial fit with slide off, and gently enlarge the holes until they latch in place.

What Bill suggested. I had to do the same for some Israeli double stack 1911 that wouldn't take ParaOrdnance magazines. Apparently they wanted the buyer to also buy proprietary magazines (extra $$$). I did as Bill suggested and got all the magazines to work. Just go slow.

Thanks gents.

I disassembled the 950BS magazine and then inserted the stripped magazine body into the pistol. It slid in and latched and releases when I pushed the mag release.

I assume that this means that the mag latch cut outs are OK size and location wise?

UG7p6E6l.jpg

Yes, mag latch is in the right position. Something is interferring. Compare the follower between the 950B and the 950BS magazine.

Back