Beretta 92X

mdThanatos

Don't know how many have seen this but I figured I would share.

Youtube link : Beretta 92X

Here is the link from Beretta: Beretta 92X

They got rid of the slide mounted safety/decocker and moved it to the frame.

I am going to guess it will retail between $1000 and $1500.

Eh...I kind of like the looks of my classic 92FS better. I do like the newer features and such. If it’s going to retail for your guessed prices, I’d rather go buy one of the custom Wilson Combat models instead.

Thought I was going to have to buy a new gun until I saw that they used the Vertec frame. That frame just doesn't work for me--the grip feels wrong.

Moved it to the frame? The place it was before they moved it to the slide? Taurus style?

Adding an "X" sounded silly at first, and then intriguing, and then expensive, and then like a silly game gun too expensive to be interesting at all.

I mean, it probably doesn't even cost more than a grand or two.

Looks like it is tailored to IPSC Standard (USPSA Limited.)
MSRP rumored at $1333, which is cheap for the features claimed. Something for Beretta to compete with the CZs and TZs.
I think they are using the Vertec grip profile for the same reason so many "1911s" have 1911 flat mainspring housings, a little reduction in butt circumference.

Well, that means I'd have to re-train on how to disengage the safety by pressing down rather than up. Might as well go to the 1911 after all.........

--Wag--

Back