beretta 92italian vs H&K 9mm what do u think or know?

dw

I am either going to by a beretta or a H&K chambered in 9mm or 9x19. What does everyone here prefer? I am also interested in sigs. thanks to all who read this and to all who reply

I like the 92, especially Italian 92s, look closely at the Sigs, and the Browning Hi-Powers. I think 92, hi-caps are easier to find. Try them all at the range.

I agree with P-35: Try them at the range.

That said, I have a USP9 that I like very much. It has been reliable (2,500 rounds), has mild recoil, and shoots to point of aim. I have fired the 92. While I liked it, I prefer the USP.

i have a usp 9mm and a taurus pt-92 (not quite a beretta). the taurus and beretta hi-caps are much cheaper then the ones for h&k, but my h&k is my number one gun over the taurus and my glock 21. jf

------------------
JOIN THE NRA

I carried the Beretta while I was in the military, and I can honestly say I didn't like it. To me the grip area is way to blocky for a 9mm, and it also has a high bore axis. I just didn't like it. I have never shot the HK USP9 so I can't give a good opinion. The only thing I didn't like about the feel of this gun was that the front strap of the grip felt like a cheese grater.

The HK is the superior pistol.
It is much more reliable, stronger, and meaner.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Also, the navy seals and other special forces use the HK Mk23, tactical, a few others. I have heard of them using the sig 226, too. I also heard some mixed stories about flying slides on the beretta, cause the seals were using egyptian +p+ sub machine gun ammo. Dont know if anyone can do this, but at a gunshow my cousin and i were talking to a seal(he was in the navy, from his id and claimed to be in the seals and this guy was built more than my cousin, who is very large). He told my cousin on how most of the seals like the HK's and hated the beretta. He gave my cousin the beretta and told him to point it at him. My cousin did and with one hand and quik the "seal" took off the slide from the 92fs. Neat trick i thought, but he says thats why they hate the 92's. I have an HK and it is an excellent combat weapon. Soon, i might also have a 226.

If you have your Beretta 92 out in a defensive situation you shouldn't let someone get close enough to do that to your gun in the first place. If they do you should be giving them something else before they get the slide.....

My safe is babysitting a 92fs for a friend. I took it out the other day, field stripped it and the leading frame rails were worn quite abit. Lots of aluminum chips were in the slide rails...

Not impressed at all.

Well, I chose the 92FS stainless, but which HK are you talking about? USP? MK23? the 23 is 1800 bucks, so I doubt it would be much comparison for a 600 dollar gun... but I have never shot one, sooo... I could be wrong

Not even gonna comment on some of the BS above... :)

From the first M9 pistol trials:

Endurance testing:

S&W 459 developed frame crack between 4.5k and 5k rounds; another developed frame crack at 6.5k rounds.
SIG P226 developed frame crack at 6,523 rounds; another had a crack discovered at the end of the 7k test.
All three Beretta 92SB-F guns and all three H&K P7M13 guns made it through with no problems

Reliability testing (wet phase/dry phase):

M1911A1 control, 100%/100%.
H&K P7M13, 99%/100%.
Beretta 92SB-F, 97%/98%.
S&W Model 459, 98%/96%.
SIG P226, 98%/79%.
Walther P88 failed both tests, results were not released.

Reliability testing (salt water corrosion):

after ten days of testing,

M1911A1 99%
Beretta 92SB-F 100%
SIG P226 100%
S&W 456 97%
H&K P7M13 86%.

I prefer the G19 and P228 to the M92, new S&Ws or P7, but all of em are good guns.
------------------
>>>>---->

[This message has been edited by BrokenArrow (edited December 23, 1999).]

I have a Beretta 92 and a Sig 226. I haven't had the fortune of shooting an HK 9mm yet but a friend has a compact .45 and I can say that the quality of HK is among the best that I have seen. I consider both my Beretta and Sig quality guns and would feel absolutely confident with either one in a combat/defense situation. Which one would I pick up if they were laying side by side and I had to use it? The Beretta. Don't get me wrong, I love my Sig, the way it feels and looks. The quality of the Sig is probably better (I hope so! It costs more) but the Beretta is just right for me. A lot of people complain about the size or shape of the grip, but for me its awesome. I'm sure a lot of people will think I'm crazy for picking Beretta over Sig and HK, but in the end, it comes down to what I like and shoot best. Try all three if you can, and make your choice based on features, ergonomics, and personal taste as you really can't go wrong between your three excellent choices. BTW I plan on continuing my 9mm collection in the future with the addition of an HK USP among others. Good luck to you and happy shooting!

Go to the HK website. They clearly state that the HK USP series is designed to perform as a 20K round pistol. I know there will be many exceptions to that rule but keep it in mind as you open the wallet.

------------------
"When guns are outlawed;I will be an outlaw."

If you're gonna get an HK 9mm, get a P7. Safest firearm on the planet. Plus, if some thug actually does manage to get it away from you, you'll be able to get up, go to the kitchen, grab a butcher knife, and stab him with it before he figures out how to fire it.

If it is going to be the HK, you better put the pedal to the metal before the prices "shoot" through the roof!!!

Check out the thread, "COLT buys HK..."

HK parts and accessories may become harder to replace in the future???

Maybe? Maybe not?

Definitely would consider another brand. SIG SAUER 9mm's perhaps?

[This message has been edited by James Montes (edited December 29, 1999).]

Back