Beretta 92fs 15 round mags from Ajax, Co

Joel Harmon

I bought three 15 round Beretta 92fs magazines from Ajax company. Their was no brand name listed but they were around $15 and were advertised in "America's First Freedom", the NRA journal.

1. None of them slid right in to the gun. They only went in half way. I had to push the magazine release button in to get it to go in all the way.
2. The lips were not bent inward correctly. When there were cartidges in the magazine and I put the magazine in the gun, all of the cartridges would pop out of the top of the magazine! This happened on all of them. I bent the lips in and the rounds are now holding into the mag correctly and the gun seems to cycle them (by working the slide back with my hand).

I still need to try these out at the range but it's not looking good so far.

My questions to you folks are these:

1. Has anyone ever bought any of these magazines and if so are you having these problems?
2. Are there any home remedy fixes I can do to make sure the mags work properly in the gun (ie..slide into the gun they are supposed to fit into anyway)?
3. Does anyone know of a source of non-factory affordable 92fs mags (ie..$20 or less for a 15 round mag) that work?

Thanks in advance.

Get factory mags

Joel, I had the same problem. I picked up some unmarked 15 round mags for 12 dollars a piece at a gun show. They have the same issue going in and if I want them out I have to press the eject button with one hand and pry them out with the other. The gun show that came around I picked up three "used" mags for 30.00 each, man what a difference. They insert properly, they eject properly, they lock back the slide and work beautifully. Now, I would prefer a few more mags, but I would rather have quality rahtern than quantity. Stick with Beretta factory mags, you won't regret it.

Terry.

1. Sounds like USA mags. Or maybe Triple K.
2. They only remedy I can think of to fix these mags so that they function properly is to use them as garbage can filler.
3. See railroader.

Back