Beretta 92f high caps -- anyone know a source?

How many do you want? I just purchased 3 from a local LEO who stocked up on them while in the armed forces. They are used, but function wonderfully. The price was nice too. E-mail me if interested. ERRainman@hotmail.com

First, they are not high capacity magazines. The Beretta was designed to use a 15 round magazine. It fits flush with the frame. Those 20 and 30 round magazines are high capacity magazines. A 10 round magazine is a truncated, maimed magazine.

Don't fall in the politician's trap by using their language. By telling the public that anything over 10 rounds is high capacity, they legitimize the ban. After all, they imply, why would you need to (greatly) exceed the design in that way? Wasn't it designed to be lethal in most encounters as is? Well then what is you legitimate, sane reason for needing a larger magazine?

There is a time for 10 round or smaller magazines, such as concealed carry, or thinner grips (ala 1911). When I am at home or in my car, I want 13-17 rounds of 9mm loaded up if I need to protect myself. (As a single man living alone, I have various guns in different locations at home. Mostly 9mm and .45 calibers.)

I think that Ajax is out of factory original standard capacity magazines. I would only use factory original magazines, preferably the military ones. They are heavier and take more abuse. There are some good quality third party magazines, but there can be some pretty bad no name magazines. When I am defending my life, I really don't want to deal with a weak spring or a bad follower. Each can cause feeding problems.

Shotgun News is a good source for sellers. There is a separate section for magazines and accessories. Make sure to look under Beretta however. Some will only be listed there.

Sorry for the lecture(s).

Croyance, I wasn't deliberately using the HCI vocabulary. Hi-cap is a widely understood shorthand for use in a subject line, but in retrospect, "Pre-Ban" would have been a better choice of words.

Back