Beretta 92 Millenium

poperszky

I have been agonizing over my next gun purchase, I have been vacilating between a Taurus and Beretta 92 series. I like the features of the Taurus better(although I am scared to death of their warranty service), but after handling a Beretta yesterday it simply "feels" better. Now the clincher I was at a local gun shop and they had a Beretta 92 Millenium edition that I literally fell in love with, it was simply beautiful, but I have been unable to find very much information on it at all, does anyone have some background on this pistol? Also, it is NIB and they are asking 525.00 for it, it that a fair price?

Thanks

Terry

Y2K

I've seen one of these too. All I know is that the serial number prefix is Y2K and the tag said something about wood grips, although there were standard black plastic grips on it. I assume it came with both. Thats all I know.

I can't answer your question about the Beretta but I can tell you that the Taurus PT-92 is a fine handgun. I've had one for more than 15 years and it's been great to me. No need to worry about the Taurus warranty service either. The lifetime warranty is fantastic and turn around time for repairs is very good. I had to use the warranty service once on a PT111 I had last year. Like you, I liked the features on the Taurus better and the price was a lot better too. :)

Joe

I can't speak for taurus but I can for Beretta. If you buy the Beretta you won't regret it one bit. It is a marvelous piece of engineering and a joy to shoot. The millenium edition was a limited production run of the aforementioned serial numbers with extra wood grips. $525 is a good price. You can find a standard 92fs with the bruniton finish (standard black) for less than that if you shop around. If you have your heart set on millenium though, go for it! Enjoy!

Taurus life time warranty

Part of the reason that I have decided to go with a Beretta rather than the Taurus, is that I bought a NIB Model 85SSCH in October, it was defective out of the box with a greater than 50% failure to fire (light strike & timing issues). It is on it's third trip back to the factory (They have had it more than I have)and I am currently waiting for the review board to meet so they can decide what to do with it. From the feed back that I have recieved from other shooters, it seems that the Taurus warranty is either heaven on earth, or the spawn of Satan and there is no rhyme or reason.

Now from everything I have read and heard I won't have any troubles if I buy the Taurus PT99, but the thought of losing it for three months like one they are currently fixing, just doesn't sit well.

I can't speak for the Taurus, as I have no experience with them, but with the Beretta, you can't go wrong. I paid $495.00 for my 92, best $495 I ever spent! :)

Back