Beretta 9000S Safety Lever

stubby

Just bought a new Beretta 9000S pistol and the safety functions fine but it is VERY difficult to move the lever between positions. This is a polymer framed pistol, I don't know if that has any impact on the situation. I hate to be without it long enough to return it to the factory for adjustment or repair. Anybody got any ideas??? Thanks

I think you have a "normal" firearm. The excessively stiff controls have been the main complaint about the 9000 series. I was real interested until I found out that the stiffness was normal and does not go away with use. I have a 92FS and a Cougar 8045 and I thought the 9000 would be a nice addition but I could not get over the stiff controls. Maybe Beretta could do something about it but I have not heard anyone having any luck. If you do a search you will find others with the same problem.

I looked at the safety a little closer last night. I can see there are "detents" in the polymer frame that likely accept a "ball" on teh safety levers on both sides of the frame (ambidext safety). I first tried shooting some WD40 into the area and that helped a little but it was still difficult to move. The was no room to get any grease behind the levers so I used some "powdered teflon" which I was able to blow under the levers and that helped tremendously. I am guessing that the ball is dragging against the polymer frame as it attempts to move out of the detents. It is MUCH better but still a little stiffer that a normal safety lever. haven't shot this puppy yet but will let you know how it works out. I sure like the size of this pistol for the firepower available.:p

Back