Beretta 8045 Cougar Comments?

jnsn

I have been thinking about the Beretta Cougar in .45 ACP as my next handgun. I was wondering if anybody had any comments or feedback about this gun or the Cougar line in general.I guess I would be looking at the DOA unless the pull was immense.

I've got the 8045F, nice gun. Great grip, nice trigger, accurate, feeds everything, and the rotating barrel does seem to reduce elt recoil a bit. My only [minor]complaints are that it seems a bit on the heavy side and I don't care for the slide mounted safety/decocker (I prefer it frame mounted a la SIG) and it's got sharp edges. Definitely worth a look if you're looking for a compact .45. M2

jnsn,
I'm a big fan of the Cougar series. I have both the 8040 and the 8045. I carry and shoot the 8040 and really like it. The 8045 is not much differnt a little wider in the grip.The 8045 I have not fired since I bought the Cat Pak as a collector. The next in the line I want to get is the 8000 9mm.
I'm really pleased with them and feel you can't go wrong if you buy one. Both of mine are both SA and DA, I like the trigger pull in both modes. I think they are pretty good value for the money. Good luck with your decision.

Happy Shooting :)

------------------
Help Stamp Out Gun Ignorance.

Have shot the 8040, nice size compared to M9 military 9mm which I am usedto shooting more regular. Did not like recoil or accuracycomparedtofriends P99 in 40 cal.

I have an 8045F and have been really pleased with it. It has excellent ergonomics and I find it very comfortable to shoot. It has been very accurate and consistent, and is very easy to clean and maintain. I've put about 500+ rounds of all types through it since I got it and it has eaten it all with out a single problem. I like the safety, but that is mostly becuase I learned how to shoot with a 92F and am comfortable with it.

The only potential issue is that it has a fairly large grip - I'm a big guy and I really like it, but if you have smaller hands you might not find it as comfortable. Try one out and if it fits, get it - I am sure you will not be disapointed.

------------------
"If a man neglects to enforce his rights, he cannot complain if, after a while, the law follows his example. . ." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Back