Beretta 8045 and .45 vs .40

zlmajors

Inactive
Ok I'm looking at a used 8045 from a good gun shop, seen it a couple times but want to find out about something i saw on it, just in front of the trigger guard, where a hinge point is, i think its the slide release (not sure) there is a little tiny wire sticking out, pointing down, not more than 1mm in length but still there. Is this supposed to be?

Also what is everyones take on this, I've never really liked the 9mm, just like a beefier round, but .45 just is a little bit too much space, was looking at a sig the other day that was in .40 S&W, what do you guys think of this round?

I own a 8045 and love it. I find it accurate, comfortable and safe, so I would recommend it highly. As to your specific question, there should not be anything like a wire hanging out of the take down latch (the take down latch being immediately in front of the trigger guard). On the other hand, immediately above the trigger itself is a small indent (also located immediately under the slide catch). In that indent a very short (1mm or less) piece of wire is exposed - a part of the trigger mechansim.

As for the .40, its not a round that I am found of - but I also think that such things are almost purely a matter of personal taste. I'm sure you could borrow or rent something of that caliber for a "test drive."

------------------
"If a man neglects to enforce his rights, he cannot complain if, after a while, the law follows his example. . ." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Back