Beretta 8000 cougar

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABT

Inactive
I was thinking about buying a Beretta Cougar 8000"D". Does anyone have information about it, good or bad?

I have the .40 version: 8040 D. It has a smooth DAO trigger, which I like. The slide is rounded for a snug fit during concealed carry. The grip feels good in my rather large hands. Its rotating barrel eases the recoil of the .40 round. Beretta created the 8000 series for concealed carry by police, but the pistols will serve anyone in this capacity.

I had the Mini Cougar in 9mm DAO and it was a decent gun . The D models dont sell very well so you should be able to get a good price on it . I paid $320 new from a gunstore for the DAO version [they were trying to get rid of them] and they had the standard double action version for $430 . Good luck , Mike...

Also check out the Cougar 8045. I got mine for $499 and am very happy with it. Reliable, accurate, and it feels very solid in my hands. Like my 92FS, it has yet to jam. Beretta prices have come down, making these guns a good value now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back