Beretta 1301 BLINK Gas System question

mukjp22m

I'm attracted to the 1301 tactical, but I have a problem with guns that have rubber or intentionally wearable working parts. It gives me the feeling that it's flawed because it requires regular replacement of parts. It turned me off the Remington 1100 originally, because I heard that you need to regularly replace the gas rings. Does anyone know if the 1301 is like that?

I have a Benelli M2, and one of the big selling points for me was that it is all metal. It looks like it would last forever. If the Beretta is the same way, I might need one to keep my M2 company.

Ah, the old wives tales one hears. I replaced the original metal V ring in my 1963 Model 1100 with an O ring about 1967. Over 105,000 rounds later it is still going strong. They do not move in service. They can get torn by ham handed disassembly or reassembly, and if you replace the Viton with a cheap plumber's rubber O ring oil or solvent will eat it up. The gas piston and piston seal are the originals. I suppose they will wear out, but I do not think I will live to see it.
Anything that moves will wear. If it is kept clean and properly lubricated you can greatly affect the wear rate. I do believe a steel receiver will outlast an aluminum one, but again we likely won't live to see it happen. I don't think you will wear out a Remington, a Benelli,or a Beretta either.

Back