Bereta 1934 unusually marked

mfree

I just wanted to get your opinion of this while I launch into my research and see what I've got :)

Beretta 1934, ~85 or 90% condition with bluing shiny and intact except for one small 1/2" stretch along left front top of slide edge (holster wear and contact pits)

No markings. Marking on slide aren't ground because hardness marks are there, just no placard. Only marking on gun are a crown over "lion" in circle on right grip frame and a barely legible "MA" in square on left top trigger guard. Marked "CAL 9". Serial 6399XX.

Grips are plastic with steel back, left one has "1S" and an illegible manufacturers stamp. On inside of frame under left grip is J over a 3, and a 2.

inside of right grip scale has "D2" and manuf's mark reading "Littoria" over "Marcheno" in ellipse. Appears to be same mark as left grip scale. Both grip scales black plastic with molded stippling and PB seal.

Any thoughts? The serial number places it as a WWII build, but there are no identifying marks nor the Beretta rollmark on the slide, which is just odd.

Where do I find these things? :-D I'll run down my CZ-nazi-English marked CZ27 some day...

Name

After WW2 I knew a guy who was in the German Wehrmacht with the name Guy Sayer. As a matter of fact he wrote a book about his experience in the Gross Deutschland Division.
Thats not you is it?
Russ Harvey

Hi Russ

Sorry , I'm not . I first read Mr. Sajer's book about 20 yrs ago . It's one of the most gripping I've ever read . About 7 yrs ago I needed an interent screen name and chose to borrow his out of respect .

To save confusion , I use my actual name in my signature line .

Have a good week .

Mitch English aka guy sajer on the forums

mfree

I checked one of my reference books , Jan Still's , "Axis Pistols" . It shows several examples of M1934's with blank slides . They were of late war production made under German occupation .

Great reference book ! I'd recommend it for any Axis pistol collector .

Ah, thank you. I was caught in a little puzzle there for a moment, everyone wants pictures, but of what? It's a blank slide :)

This fits in nicely with my CZ27 then, which is also missing it's slide markings and produced late war under occupation.

Glad you got the answer. I have one but it has all the marking including the roman numerals. I think Sajer's book was called "The Forgotten Soldier." Great book.

Back