Bent Cylinder Yoke/Crane

Grenadier2

How do you repair that?

Yes, I know, "take it to a gunsmith". But I dont have any in the area that I consider to be reputable.

Its not bent bad, but its got a little play in it (side-to-side), not enough to affect timing. It does shave a very small amount of lead (at the forcing cone) when fired, however.

I suspect the last owner closed it by the "TV Detective method" (slapping it shut by flicking the wrist). I got the piece cheap, but Id like to fix it.

Id like some good info before I just bash it with a big hammer ;) ;) ;) ;)

Grenadier2, a gunsmith who works on revolvers will have a specilized tool to straighten the crane. I wouldn't begin to try it without the right equipment. There are a lot of smiths around who do this type of work including me. George

It's summer time and you can take an NRA summer gunsmithing program on fixing revolvers. It'll cost you a week of vacation time, some money for tools, room and board, but besides walking away with some tools of the trade (we made a lot of our own tools when I went) will give you a lifelong skill. If you can't go yourself, George does good work.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Back