Benelli ultralight value?

Dc777

In a partial trade for one of my atvs someone has offered me a benelli ultralight 12 guage. He says that its worth $1300. I did a search on gunbroker but there aren't many auctions for that gun, there aren't any bids on the auctions but they start in the $1400 range. What is a fair value of the gun. I assume that it is used.

Value is hard to say.....but a couple of points...

Benelli Ultralight model is not very popular among sporting clays, skeet or Trap shooters.../ they come in 24" or 26" barrels / and in 28ga , 20ga and 12ga....and they weigh from 5 - 6 lbs....

Many of us - as experienced shotgun shooters - find a gun that short and light to not be very functional / with light and short guns - most of us tend to "slap" at targets or live birds ...vs making a "smooth" shot with a good follow-thru...
-------
Benelli in general has some light guns....even their Super Sport model, which is a good all around clays gun ...with a 30" barrel in a 12ga is only around 7 lbs...and the legth ( at 30") helps smooth out that gun swing as well...where many of us like shotguns up around 8 lbs - for good swing characteristics.
--------
I think the Ultra Light models in my area are selling new for around $ 1400 ....and I can't imagine used, it would be worth more than $ 800...and personally a gun that light and short - has little, if any value to me personally... I wouldn't want it at all...not even as an entry level gun for a young grandkid or something....

But it does have value ...if someone wants it .../ you should really check with gunshops in your area...gun values vary a lot with different areas of the country ...

Ultralights are made for hunting where you do lots of walking but little shooting.Not much use for anything else.

A friend uses a Benelli Ultralight for pheasant hunting and thinks it is wonderful. And she gets her birds.

I agree that a longer and heavier gun will swing smoother and kick less when shooting long races on clay pigeons... and not having to walk across a county worth of corn fields.

I have one I use for grouse hunting in 20 ga and enjoy it very much for that purpose . I got it used but basically NIB for half that price a few years ago , the local store wanted to move their inventory at the time so it was a pretty good deal for me.

I have one in 12ga. I use it for grouse hunting, they work well for that. As others said its not the best choice for much else. I paid $1200 for mine, brand new. A used one may be worth a $1000.

Back