Benelli R1 VS Browning BAR Safari

jcayala

Inactive
What advantages or disadvantages does the new Benelli R1 have over the new Browning BAR Safari as far as accuracy, durability, reliability, maintenence, and overall performance?

Yeak, who knows? The R1 is so new it would be hard for anyone to say. It does use a gas system that passed military trials for the new US shotgun, though.

The Benelli seems to claim alot of advantages, including low recoil. But there has never been much wrong with the BAR - and it's been around a long while.

I'll leave it to others to speak more authoritatively, if there is anyone here who can. But I doubt you'd go wrong with a product from either excellent company.

Yeah I was hoping maybe someone in here had some kind of experience with the R1 or maybe even owned one. I've heard alot about how their ugly or something like that but I actually don't think it looks bad at all. Nor do I really care, it's all about how it performs right. Just need to to know which is the best of the two. Thanks for you're input though.

I think they're pretty nifty looking.

Benelli's a good company. If you want one, buy it. You'll probably be very happy and be one of the first people on the net to make a report.

I wish there was more of a selection of autoloading rifles. But the R1 and the BAR seem to be the only ones available in their price range. Not really many to chose from I guess. Other than the Remington 7400 which is about half the price, but I've read a few bad reviews on them before. But overall they seem to be a solid rifle since it is a Remington. But I'd rather spend the extra money for a higher performance rifle like the R1 or BAR. I did read on the Benelli website that they sell interchangable barrels for all calibers. But they can cost up to $500 I hear.

That Browning design has been around quite a few years and has developed one heckuva track record...Don't know that I'd choose new glitzy and glamorous over that.

Besides, them Benelli R1's look pregnant.... :D

I own a Belgian made 270 WCF BAR. It has been accurate and reliable in the extreme. I recently handled but did not fire a Benelli 300WSM. It was well balanced and well made. It's also more graceful in handling than in looks. I suspect the recoil may be heavy as it is a very light rifle chambered for a very powerful cartridge.

Get the Benelli R1, it is lighter and will be a great classic, compared to the Browning. My nephew had one, and it was heavy, inaccurate, and a jamaholic... The Benelli is light and it points good. Of course, my main hunting rifle is a HK SL-7, in 308, a great brush gun that is super accurate......
Stay away from the Remington's too, they tend to be inaccurate and a jamaholic....
Too bad that there are not any other sporting autoloaders out there......
Hey, all you manufacturers.....listen up!!!!!

Back