Benelli Nova and Norinco 12 ga.

Phillip

I was at a local shop today and saw a nice Nova with a shortened barrel (about 18") for $339 and also a Norinco copy of a Remington 870 with ghost ring sights (actually both had them) for about $225.
Does anyone have experience with these? I was leaning towards the Nova, but I do not need another shotgun. The Nova was very lightweight and nicely put together. The Norinco was very hefty and appeared to be well made.

I have a Nova and like it. The 18" bbl is actually an 18.5" and is designed for slug use. No chokes. You can also buy a 10oz. hydralic recoil reducer or a 14oz. Mercury reducer. I have the Mecury on my 26" Nova and although a bit heavy it is a good shooter. The synthetic stocks/styling is love/hate. I like it, but does not compare to my M1S90. No experience with the Norinco, though some shooters like their 1911's. Personally I am Chinese/American myself and would still not buy a Norinco weapon. Resale values will be no comparison IMO. Unless it is a huge stretch buy the Nova.

Aloha
John

No experience with either, but....

That Norinco is made by slave labor, using a stolen design, by the largest dictatorship left on Earth,with a callous disregard for human rights. I don't buy ANYTHING ChiCom.

I know nothing about the Benelli except the folks I know that have them like them.

Also, in that price range you could pick up a used 870 and add whatever options and mods you like.

I bought a Nova last year, what a goose gun! It is positivly deadly with 31/2" steel loads for geese at any reasonable range. As for the optional recoil reducer, I just put a baggie of sand in the stock. Better balance, less felt recoil and more money in my pocket were the results

My cousin is a huntin' addict. I asked the best new pumpgun to buy and he said Benelli Nova. I believe it also won some industry awards. The local gunshop sells a 28" for $389. After the current layaway is paid off I'll likely start on that one. IMO the synthetic stock is a plus. The extra money may well be worth it. Gotta look at the long run satisfaction, you'll always be able to save up another hundred bucks ( I hope) over the next 6 months-1 year. You'll have the gun for longer than that.

i saw a 24" Nova at a show last weekend for 295 NIB

great gun!
Pheasants are not fond of it!
;)

dZ

i saw a 24" Nova at a show last weekend for 295 NIB

great gun!
Pheasants are not fond of it!
;)

dZ

just got a bunch of nova's in today.somebody please adopt one and soon.i am running out of room.thanks ed 6153523091

Back