Benelli Magazine Extension

Winston

Bought a factory magazine extension for my Benelli M1, to give it a 7+1 capability.....

When I load it up it can only hold 4 in the tube.

When I use the spring from my 5+1 magazine tube I can get 7 in the tube, but the last rounds have nominal spring tension

Is it possible that the spring is too long from the factory and I need to cut some coils?

Winston,

When I first got my M1 the magazine spring was VERY strong. I remember field-stripping the gun for the first time only to have the mag extension shoot across the room. Then when I had a real bear of a time trying to get the mag extension back on the gun due to the spring's excessive pressure. My guess is that the "long" spring is the right one and it just needs time to break itself in.

Be forewarned that my M1 Tactical came with the 7 round extension installed at the factory so I might not have the right info for you.

Justin

Winston,

Be aware that you may be running afoul of the law if your benelli has a protruding pistol grip.

bkm..

Configuration

Re:
Winston,

Be aware that you may be running afoul of the law if your benelli has a protruding pistol grip.

bkm..

No pistol grips here, straight stock. Thanks for the heads up though.

Spring tension

Juston,

Your description of the spring tension and the difficulty
of installing the spring is exactly my situation.

I'll go with the suggestion to run a few cases through
before passing final judgement on what to do "next"

Thanks for the tips !

Back