Benelli M4 Factory Collapsible Stock Mesa Tactical Loop Installation Queation

I have an M4 with factory Collapsible stock. I ordered a mesa tactical single point loop that is supposed to go in the pistol grip where there appears to be a roll pin. There are no instructions for installation, I was lightly hitting roll pin in pistol grip from both sides it didnt budge. Anyone know proper installation? I wasnt sure if it only punches out in one direction or if the gun has to be disassembled before taking pin out and how to install the loop with solid pin. I'd also be interested in knowing how to take the whole collapsing stock and grip assembly off the receiver. Thanks

Roll pins can be tight, they're designed to be. Really, you need to use a roll pin punch, so it will not slip on you. It will drive out, but you may have to give it more than a tap.

Is there a certain direction these should be removed and installed from on these M4's? Do you have experience in the collapsible stock removal on these? I tried some research but didn't find anything with enough info. I know on the fixed stock you can't remove from behind butt pad with the nut like on a regular stock. They unscrew. I wasn't sure on these the disassmbly procedure. Does the trigger group have to be removed and roll pin taken out too remove pistol grip? Thanks

I'm not sure on the stock in mention, but all roll pins are straight, and should drive out any side. They use roll pins so as to not use tapered holes or bumped/serrated head pins. It is according to how thick the spring metal of the pin is, and how small or tight they made the hole fit, which compresses the pin, to how tight it will fit. I have seen some that are rather tight.

Back