Benelli M2 - barrel question...

Wager

Inactive
Hi guys, new to the forum and have a question about an M2 that I’ve got. It’s a stock 28” that I use for clays and was thinking of getting a 21” barrel for home defense. I’ve not modified any of my guns in the past and was wondering if anyone could recommend someone that I could work with to get the shorter barrel for my M2?

In my experience you'll come out better to simply buy a 2nd shotgun with a shorter barrel for HD purposes. You can buy a Mossberg or Remington pump set up for what you want for about 1/2 the cost of another Benelli barrel. If you can even find another barrel for it.

Benelli barrels are not cheap. But you can sometimes find them used for $300ish or less.

I run a 24" for 3Gun and Bird hunting, a 21" when I am teaching shotgun and I have a rifled barrel as well. The later two I got used.

If you find a used one of any length, there are a few gunsmith's that can cut an refinish a longer barrel for you as well. Rose Action Sports is in Kentucky and he does great work.

My M2 came with a 21in hunting barrel and I bought the smallest available Benelli recoil pad(not cheap) and the gun is very compact and quick handling---for hunting. I got it for $300 off the regular price because the dealer just couldn't move it but it suits me perfectly and snapped it up as soon as I saw it.

For HD--I got the 7 shot Maverick Security for a little over $200---more shots on tap and far less money than an extra Benelli barrel.

Back