Benelli M1S90 stock question...

CMOS

I have an M1S90 that I need to change (increase) the reveiver/stock angle on. I've heard that some Benelli shotguns come with the shims (mine did not) but I suspect this may be the case for their hunting shotguns.(?)

Does anyone know if the Benelli stock shims I've heard about will fit this model?

Thanks,
CMOS

maybe?

CMOS,

I just looked on the Benelli-USA homepage and they have the shims for their M1 Field shotguns. I'm sure their shims will work with the m1s90 that you have, given that it's a standard grip as opposed to a pistol grip. Have you called Benelli?

By the way, if you have the standard stock, how would you compare it to the handling of the shotgun?? I'm interested in purchasing a standard stock for mine in order to legally utilize the 4-shot extension. Just curious to see what other users prefer.

Thanks,
Jim

Duke,

Thanks, I'll call Benelli.

I **much** prefer the regular stock to the PG stock. The regular stock, in my own field tests, is much faster to bring up to the "ready" firing position. In the post-ban config, a shotgun like the Benelli with 8 rounds is quite an impressive force.

I also installed a Pachmyre Decellerator pad on the stock (I'm sure you understand why...) so now I can shoot 200+ rounds per day with no "after-effects".

CMOS

Thanks!

CMOS,

Sorry if I couldn't be of much assistance in regards to the shims. I thank you for your input in regards to the standard stock. I think that the standard stock and a 4-shot extension is the way to go on such a shotgun. You're right, a shotgun (postban) like the Benelli with 8 rounds IS impressive.

By the way, I love the cyclic rate of these shotguns.

Thanks,
Jim

Duke,

On the shims, I spoke to Benelli and strangely enough the shims do not work on the M1 Tactical stock, only on the M1 hunting stocks. (???????) So it looks like if I want to change the angle I will have to get a hunting stock to utilize the shim kit. Strange also that Benelli told me that the Tactical and Hunting stocks are the same length. I will have to do some more tests to see what I want to do with this stock situation.

The cyclic rate: I'm still impressed with that little feature even after owning the shotgun for 2 years. Truth be told, being accurate and fast requires quite a bit of practice, which I gladly oblidge. ;) I always practice rapid fire shots. After all, if you're going to shoot slowly, you really don't need the M1S90 in the first place...

CMOS

Back