Benelli M1 cycle failures

robins

Took my M1 combat out for its debut yesterday, and was dismayed at its failure-to-eject's. I used Remington 00 2 3/4 buck law enforcement reduced recoil and the Benelli failed to eject any of the 25 shells properly. I also tried #7 birdshot from Remington and it did much better with only about 2 shells failing to eject properly. My question: This sound right for a first time out? The manual mentions a "break in" period, but this experience seemed a little odd, especially for a shotgun with such a great rep.

i implemented m1-90 entry guns (14") in my agency several years ago. they are very nice weapons. what i have found is that the m1-90 does not like tactical or reduced recoil loads. keep in mind that this weapon system uses the recoil to cycle. our 14" guns like the very hottest ammo, and benelli suggests that you use at least 1 1/8 oz. shot load.
this includes slugs. after about 250rds you will see some polishing marks where the bolt carrier and bolt travel inside the cutaway portion of the barrel. this is basically the action polishing itself. lube the gun wet for the break in period is what i have done and got more consistent cycling. after the break in and using good full power 1 1/8oz loads it will cycle flawlessly.

Get 2 boxes of 3" magnum shotshells, any size - 00, #4, #2 etc.

Hammer those babies through to break in the springs and then try the other shells.

My M1S-90 has always fed the Federal 00 Reduced Recoil Tactical loads without a single FTF.

CMOS

------------------
GOA, TSRA, LEAA, NRA, SAF and I vote!

Back