Benelli M1 cycle failures - Round Two

robins

Just wanted to let everyone know that I took my Benelli M1 combat back out today and ran 65 shells through it - Federal high-power #4 to Federal 00 buck. Big difference this time! No failures whatsoever. Looks like no more reduced recoil ammo for this dude.

I'm pleased! :D

The local gunstore tells me that you can order a special spring for the Benelli that will help reliable operation using reduced recoil loads. You might want to see if this will fit your ticket.

FWIW, my M1S90 Tactical (with Surefire Responder) has been totally reliable with reduced recoil loads. YMMV.

Justin

------------------
Justin T. Huang, Esq.
late of Kennett Square, Pennsylvania

has anyone used the wolf recoil springs.
i noticed that they offer two springs.
one looks like it is heavier and improves functioning. and the other says lighter for use with lighter loads. i wonder if one is to use the lighter spring, how does the gun fuctions with heavy loads, and would this cause cycling problems or damage. and how does the heavy spring improve function.

Mooser,

I've never used the lighter spring, since my M1S90 functions just fine with the stock spring. That said, I don't think using the lighter spring with heavy loads would cause any functioning problems, but it would contribute to faster wear.

bkm...

------------------
Anyone worth shooting, is worth shooting twice...

Back