Benelli Barrel Needed

MattR

Inactive
Hi all, I am a new guy who has a single question. I have a Benelli Nova Special Purpose with Ghost ring sights,18.5 inch barrel, Two round mag ext., and mercury filled reciol reducer. I love it, but need a longer Barrel so I can try my hand at some Skeet shooting and Turkey hunting. I can not find a barrel anywhere! I tried to order one from my local dealer, but he wanted as much for a barrel as a new gun. Your help or advice would be greatly aperciated.

Matt, yours is a most typical predicament, the price of barrels has been discussed before...the general feeling i've gathered from both my experience and by reading replies by other members is that barrels are disproportionately expensive (maybe justly so, I don't know.) Get the new gun for the price of the barrel, I would - infact I did...

Using a "Serious" shotgun for clay games is a great way to have fun and get better with your tool of choice.

My "Serious" shotguns are tricked out 870s. My hunting gun is an 870,and now I've an 870 trap gun. While length and balance vary, the controls and "Chops" do not,and practice with one = practice with all.

And, most ranges have no problem with ugly black shotguns. The few that do have problems with bbl length.

In your case, a coupla options.

First, check the mail order places for a bbl.

Second, get another shotgun. A simple/cheap NEA 12 ga single is a great turkey gun.

Third, use what you have, accept its limitations and live with it.

I don't know what another Nova barrel will cost, but from the general feeling of the responses, the better "deal" might be to buy another Nova with a longer tube. It doesn't hurt that the Nova is under $300.00. Just a thought.
Z

MiniZ, I would love to know where to find a Benelli Nova for $300. Everywhere I look I find them between $350-$390. I guess I will just have to buy a whole new gun. My only problem know is how to explain the need for another shotgun!

I guess price is dependant on locale. I paid $319.00(OK, slightly over $300.00) for my Nova with the 18.5 barrel and ghost ring sights. The long tube models are around $299.00. the sad thing for me is I could have bought a very lightly used 18.5 for $289.00 from a local gun dealer shortly after I bought the brand new one. For reference, I live in UT.

Barrel prices may/should come down as more Novas hit the market/demand for barrels increases.
Z

originally the Slug guns were going to have the rear sight on the barrel
but now they are on the receiver
if you could get a long barrel,would the sights align with the rear Ghost ring?

http://www.gunsamerica.com/fast.cgi?numguns=20&guncat=1150&startgun=21
Nova 12ga 3 1/2" mag
GA# 976095416
$310.00
Benelli Nova, 3 1/2" chambers, pump, black synthetic stock, 26" stepped vent rib, double beads.
Comes with three chokes, mod, full and imp cyl. As new, unfired, no box. Price includes shipping.
Nice all around shotgun.

did you know the nova is now available in a 20?
6.5 pounds
great kids gun!
http://www.BenelliUSA.com/nova_pump/index.htm

the accessory page says:
http://www.BenelliUSA.com/parts/index.htm
BARRELS
Add versatility to your Benelli with an extra barrel. Compliment your smooth-bore gun with an
extra slug barrel or have the opportunity to switch barrel lengths from 24" to 26" to 28",
whichever fits your particular hunting needs. Extra barrels are available for all models. Rifled
slug barrels are available for all models. Rifled slug barrels are available for Super Black
Eagle, M1 and Nova models only.

Thankyou for the help, but I still don't have a barrel. I sure do not want to have to wait untill demand for Noav's increases to get a barrel.

Back