Beneli Nova Tactical ---> M4

banditgriot

After firing my Benelli Nova Tactical for the second time this weekend, I am now very interested in getting a Benelli M4. The Nova is a much better shooter for me than the Mossy 500 I was used to. I bought it barely used for under $300.00 and have to wonder why it is not more popular on the new or used market? Then I went looking for the one thing I found lacking in its current configuration and the answer hit me like a ton of bricks. Aftermarket parts are hard to find for this great shotgun. All I need is a +2 magazine extension. I can only find the items online versus my generally well stocked LGS. Is this the case with the semi-auto Benellis?

Pretty much. Benellis are priced such that they have not made a big splash numbers wise, and that is what draws aftermarket manufacturers. Hope you don't want an extra barrel anytime soon for one. Also, there is not a whole lot Benelli semi owners feel they need to do to their guns, and I would tend to agree with them. I do not know too much about the M2s and M4s, but I do know the M2s and Remington 1100s seem to be the two big players in 3 gun. The M4 tactical comes with rails so you can bolt on whatever you want to, and the tactical models also come with extended magazines.

Price has a lot to do with why the Nova is not more popular vs the 870's and Mossberg options..at least new.

The M4 is a very good shotgun / its gas operated which is unique in the Benelli line of shotguns...

Does the M4 have as many after market options...no not really / but price is the reason its not more popular over other guns in my view. M-4 in my area is selling new for around $ 1,650 and list is around $ 1,900....so that puts it out of range on a lot of budgets.

I don't really think after market options ...has much to do with it.

Thanks for the replies guys! I do realize I lucked out on the price of my "lightly" used Nova and the M4 at my LGS is just under $1,700.00. I plan to keep my Nova as the home defense gun and purchase the M4 more as a novelty and fun gun. After I finish my AR build and mods to my G-41 maybe I'll give 3 gun a try...

Back