belt or paddel holster?

I have both a paddle and belt holster for my HK compact USP. I prefer my belt holster because the paddle tends to ride up upon drawing the pistol.

------------------
"Started out with nothing, still got most of it."

House.....

The benefit of a Paddle holster is ease of removal when entering a building where carrying is prohibited. Or once at your office and need to place it in your desk. This is because no belt to undo.

Drawbacks.... simple..most Paddles walk. Doesn't stay putand you may find yourself constently adjusting it. I know of one LEO that even pulled his holster from his pants when drawing on a felon. tahnk goodness the felon had his hands full at the time because the gun was basically still in the holster.

Belt holsters give youa firm base to work from. But you do have to undo belt in ordeer to remove same.

Check out the Alessi CQC-S holster. It is a belt holster that can be removed without undoing the belt and is firm and tight to the body. I have one for my 1911 and one for my wifes Brownng BDM. She loves it.

The magazine writer Dave Spaulding used paddle holsters for years..despite the weakness's. He now uses the CQC-S. And praises it.

check out www.rfhunting.com to see a picture of the CQC-S.

Leon.....

------------------
There are no dangerous weapons....only dangerous men. Robert Heinlein.

When the fear of failure to do one's duty for God and Country overcomes fear of dying, a true warrior is born.

Just got the Pager Pal for myself. While it's touted to be able to conceal a large frame gun, this depends on the user's size. I can't use it to hide a Sig P220 but it will hide a smaller gun like a PPK/S or some other .380. The Pager Pal is not as fast as a belt holster, but enjoys the advantage in that you can remove your jacket (hot weather) and still appear unarmed.

I sugest going with a belt holster with snap loops. This works especially well for IWB models. The snaps make it very easy to remove and you get the stability of a belted holster. Just ask the holster maker a few questions about snap loops and don't forget to inquire about the color of the snap. A shiny chrome snap really shows off on your belt,which you may come to loathe.

I have a Safariland model 560 paddle that fits beautifully anywhere on the front, side or rear of my hip, and it stays where I put it.
I don't have to worry about it coming out when drawing my G23 either - in fact, my only complaint is that it's too hard to remove!

I also have the Safariland 560, which I found to be excellent. Has never come off on me, and I use it in IDPA once a month. The paddle is haped to grab your waist and your pnts/belt. It also has optional belt loop mounts.

Paddle holsters also tend to carry a little farther from your body than standard holsters. This makes the paddle holster just a touch harder to conceal.

m1911

Back