Bell&Carlson on a Browning BAR/BOSS?

dpappen

Inactive
Newbie here.
Just purchased a new Browning BAR MKII in .30-06 with BOSS. My question arises because 1) the wood is beautiful 2) I am a fan of Bell&Carlson stocks. Browning uses different bedding for their BOSS (polyurethane) and non-BOSS (two part glass) rifles. Can I mount a B&C stock/forearm without losing accuracy? Would I or should I be looking at bedding the barrel after the switch to synthetic? Has anyone tried this?
thanks,
Dave

I've done it.

091049.jpg

"This is my 'nicest' rifle.
It has great wood, which I removed to preserve it.
The Bell&Carlson 2-pc. stock gives the rifle a wickedly sleek profile, contrasting nicely with the high polished metalwork.
It has Browning's excellent polished blue finish. The BOSS is unique.
The 'engraving' makes a nice statement about the quality of the gun.
I used Millett 'engraved' rings in the Angle-Loc format for the BAR.
Topped with the Leupold Vari-X III 4.5-14x40 gloss scope, it makes for an attractive, but powerful rifle that can be used for varmints and big game alike when the BOSS is tuned for the load needed at the time."

Old pic. Boring statement.
I did this to preserve the wood.
No extra bedding or anything. Just put it on and put the nice wood away.
BAR's are excellent rifles.
I wanted to do this to the .338 Win.Mag. version, in matte, which was not available when I got my 7mm, and I think is discontinued now.
If you did this to the .338, and added a pistolgrip buttstock from Choate, it would now be legal and a very versatile firearm.
I've seen pix of the Euro version with the William's sights AND the BOSS...cool.

I like the Bell&Carlson stocks, too.
I have 3, including the BAR.
The 700/7mm and 7400/.30-06 have B&C stocks on them.
I don't have a pic of the 7400 with it on there yet, but my 700 has had the stock painted a couple of times, with one more time coming up! I'm going Olive Drab this time...
700:
091045.jpg

7400:
093927.jpg

You can imagine the Choate buttstock on my 1201FPG3 being fitted to the BAR:
117921.jpg

If you look at the profile and controls of the BAR and 1201, they are remarkably similar.
The humpback; the safety at the rear of the triggerguard; the bolt-release on the right side of the action...
They'd make a pretty pair if set up similarly.

Newbie,

I put a B&C stock on a BAR .308 BOSS with no change in accuracy or point of impact. Worked just fine.

Back