Bell & Carlson Carbelite stocks...

Danger Dave

Does anybody know anything about these stocks? I'm thinking about buying one, but honestly, I don't know a thing about them...

------------------
Beginner barbarians probably had the idea that every house they broke into would be full of untouched loot and frightened, unarmed victims. It just doesn't work that way, my friend.

I hope these evil men come to understand our peaceful ways soon - My trigger finger is blistering!

Danger Dave, I only have one of these stocks.
It's a little old, has the sling crossmembers
within the profile of the stock and it's great! This particular Bell & Carlson is strong as a bank vault! I wish I could find more like it.
Hank
Perhaps Mac will give you some more insight!

Puts Mac in a bad position-- either he's cheering for his competitor, or he's trashing them.

I've been very impressed with B&C, but then, I'm very impressed with all of the upper-end synthetics (Butler Creek, B&C, MacMillan [I think I'd trust MacMillans' the most]), so long as they're not that ABS stuff. My only complaint that I've had with one of the B&C's that my dad and I put on an Interarms .338 was that it weighed a pretty hefty amount, for a synthetic. Strong, though!

Yeah, I'd like Mac's opinion, but I wouldn't put him in the position of having to say something about his competitors. Awkward postion, to say the least.

Dave,
I've had 2 Bell and Carlson stocks and they both have been TROUBLE in the long run. Both of the rifles got hunted and shot ALOT, and within a couple of years , they both compressed in the action area. The interior of the stocks were soft, and allowed the action screws to compress the stock bedding until the action screws turned up to far,a nd interfered with bolt travel. Not to mention accuracy problems. I saved my money and replaced the stocks with McMillian stocks and LOVE THEM!!! No problems with the high quality McMillian units.

------------------
Stay Sharp!

Will Fennell/CAMILLUS CUTLERY

Back