Belino type engraving

Captchee

well we had a change to the patch box engraving .
now this is my first real attempt at Belino type engraving but i dont think it came out to bad .
started it 2 weeks ago and finished it tonight . not the best photo . we took it with his cell phone . ill have better photos hopfuly later in the week .

photo2_zps9c887616.jpg

yep . i have done dot work on horn but never tried line cut on metal before .
here is a rum cup i did some years back as a blanket prize
Image1.jpg

Good morning folks .
I should have made a note that this patch box lid is only 2 inches across total
It can be Gary or it can be line or a mix of both line and stipple .
What I just finished is all line work and all strait lines not curved . In some places on the elk , I got to heavy handed , thus the lines show to much . The texture of the body of te elk should be more like on the tree .

I also have been told that there should be no need to ink in the cuts so as to see the design , regardless of the angle the light hits it .
That part I got for the most part . There is one angle which if its viewed from the design disappears
Still along ways to go .

with the scrimshaw rum cup , thats all dot work and was just a practice piece . i wanted to see how well the Lindsey universal point worked for that type of work . It didn’t work all that bad but it did make rather large dots .

I don't know. You put all that time and art work into a rifle and its owner will have second thoughts about taking it outside. First time I've seen that type of engraving. No doubt your gifted in many ways Sir.

Excellent !!!

Your work, speaks for itself. Truly appreciated and thank your for posting ... :)

Be Safe !!!

Maybe. i have seen some that were never ment to be shot . even firing them once would take a big chunk of the value away .
but for me , i think thats rather sad .
i make guns with the idea that they should be shot , taken out , enjoyed by the owner and those they shoot and hunt with .

Back